Cuyahoga Community College’s Motion Picture Training Program Offers Two New Workshops this Fall
Cuyahoga Community College’s Motion Picture Training Program trains individuals to secure positions in the motion picture industry which includes television, theatrical, commercial and multimedia production, while retaining and growing the Northeast Ohio workforce.
Tri-C’s Motion Picture Training Program offers workshops on specific crew departments and positions. Each workshop focuses on the skills, techniques and procedures of one particular department. Starting in August the Motion Picture Training Program is offering two new workshops:
- The first workshop starts August 9th -Basic Lighting Workshop
- The second workshop begins August 16th – Feature Film Scheduling & Budgeting Workshops
For more information and to REGISTER for either or both workshops please visit Tri-C’s website:
Parkside Pictures is Looking for a Casting Director and an Animal Wrangler
Parkside Pictures will be shooting a “family film” this summer in NE Ohio and are looking to fill the following positions:
- Casting Director: Fully Paid, rate negotiable. The Casting Director will be casting all roles.
- Animal Wrangler: Fully Paid, rate negotiable. We will need 6 dogs. All dogs will need to preform basic and some advanced tricks(ball play, jumping, rolling, stay, sit, etc) 2-3 dogs will need specific training for the large end of film stunt.
All interested and qualified applicants please send resumes and inquiries to:
Producers: Danny Roth, Damiano Tucci
Prod Co: ParkSide Pictures
About the film:
The film is about a rag-tag gang of international dog mascots that must save the day and foil the plot of villains planning to sabotage Youth World Cup Soccer finals
Art Department Interns Needed for Feature Film “The Bronze”
Art Department interns needed for a feature film, THE BRONZE, starring Melissa Rauch (BIG BANG THEORY). Filming is in Amherst and Cleveland until July 31, and school credit is available.
Interested candidates please send availability and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join The Greater Cleveland Film Commission for our next Media Mixer Wednesday June 25th at Nighttown!!
Join the Greater Cleveland Film Commission & your fellow production colleagues at Nighttown for our next Media Mixer of 2014 – 6pm to 9pm.
Are you a production professional currently working in NE Ohio? Are you a small business owner that is interested in becoming a film vendor? Are you looking to break into the production industry in NE Ohio in any way possible or are you interested in learning more about the production opportunities NE Ohio? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, please join us. Our Media Mixer is a great way to network.
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission will provide light appetizers and there will be a cash bar.
We hope to see you there!
12387 Cedar Road
June 25, 2014
6pm – 9pm
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission is Hiring a Vice President of Operations
Promote the increase of media production in Northeast Ohio using effective strategies for attraction and workforce development including building an artistic infrastructure through film.
Achieve increased economic development in Northeast Ohio by using the artistic and culturally enriching activities of film and other media production to strengthen the workforce, support the media production industry and attract media production to the region.
Job Description – Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Operations is second in command at the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, reporting to the President. The Vice President of Operations must be a self-starter with supervisory experience and an ability to work collaboratively as a member of the small team. The Vice President of Operations must be able to manage the responsibilities below as well as other duties as assigned. The President’s role is to ensure that the mission and the vision of the organization is being fulfilled. The role of the Vice President of Operations is to support the work of the President by focusing on the management of the day-to -day operations of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and develop and implement policies.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as experience working with boards and other centers of influence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to anticipate, prevent and solve problems quickly.
Operations and Strategic Plan Management
- Oversee organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Oversee organization’s fiscal management, including billing, budgeting, purchasing, working with the auditors and staffing the Board’s Finance Committee.
- Develop policies and procedures for organization.
- Manage the strategic plan goals and dashboard.
- Work with both staff and Board to reach objectives.
- Provide oversight for special projects or programs, and other duties as assigned.
- Oversee scheduling, deadlines, reporting status of grants, city and county funding as well
- Assist with Behind the Camera, film premieres, wrap parties and our Oscar event.
- Work with grant-writing consultants to seek funding for the organization and assist with grant reporting as needed. Manage status of grants and city and county funding.
Human Resources and Staff Management
- Manage human resources policies and compliance.
- Manage staff and work objectives and deadlines.
- Formalize and manage the intern and volunteer program.
- Provide friendly and responsive customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide timely communication to the Board and other centers of influence.
- Represent organization at Board committees and other meetings.
- Oversee blast emails, newsletters, web site and social media. Edit all communications prior to distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years minimum experience in the field, including previous nonprofit or corporate management level experience
E-mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements with “Vice President of Operations” in the subject line to:
Greater Cleveland Film Commission
No phone calls. Application deadline: June 20, 2014
CLEVELAND ONE OF FOUR CITIES TO HOST THE “DEMAND OUR STARS TOUR”
Actors Shailene Woodley (Divergent, The Descendants), Ansel Elgort (Divergent), Nat Wolff (Admission) and Author John Green (TIME Most Influential People 2014) will be at
Tower City Center to participate in a special Q&A with their fans on behalf of the film’s upcoming release. With more votes than any location, over 200,000 fans voted to bring this event to Cleveland! The thousands of #FaultFanatics who are expected to attend will be able to see the cast and watch exclusive clips.
“Hazel (Woodley) and Gus (Elgort) are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them – and us – on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, based upon the number-one bestselling novel by John Green, explores the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.”
THE FAULT IN OUR STARS opens nationwide June 6. http://thefaultinourstarsmovie.com/ #TFIOSOH
More details are available at:
Via Twitter – @43KIXCleveland
Casting Call for Independent Short Film ‘Daniel & Siri’
‘Daniel and Siri’ traces the romance of an artist and his wife who must face the demons of the past after reconnecting with Daniel’s estranged family. Daniel slips further into emotional breakdown while Siri finds herself struggling to save herself and marriage in a delusional battle over her husband’s inheritance.
Submissions: Interested talent please submit via email to email@example.com
Shooting Location: Ohio
Compensation: $50-100 a day.
Director Bio: Adam Mark Brown completed his first documentary feature in 2012. His work has been recognized and screened at Intuit (Chicago), LUMA (Chicago), and Gateway Film Center in Columbus, as well as many others.
Please send headshot, resume, video via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Daniel & Siri Film” as subject. Also, please list any website or portfolio links you have.
Shooting Starts: June 7
Shooting Ends: June 9
We have filled our principal roles for this film and have a few supporting roles still open.
[JACOB] [AGE: mid-late 30's] [Caucasian]
Daniel’s brother. Larger build. Dark hair and thick, full beard. A Christian minister estranged from his brother.
[YOUNG DANIEL] [MALE] [AGE: 7-10] [Caucasian]
Daniel as a child. Daniel is an artist who grows up in a religious family. Sensitive and very imaganitive.
[YOUNG JACOB] [AGE: 10-13] [Caucasian]
Daniel’s older brother when he was young.
Production title: Daniel & Siri
Union / Non-Union: UNION & NON-UNION
Production Type: Independent
Project length: Feature (approx. 20-25 minutes)
Project format: RED One
Production location: Columbus, OH
Director: Adam Mark Brown “I Dreamed I Searched for You in Heaven” (director)
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission Announces Indie Drama “Madtown” to Begin Filming in NE Ohio this Month
Milo Ventimiglia and Rachel Melvin are Set to Star in the Indie Drama “Madtown”
The film is written and directed by Charles Moore and produced by Stephen R. Campanella, Liz DuChez, David Spodak and J. Scott Scheel.
The tension filled drama opens with Denny Briggs (Ventimiglia) confessing to a murder on stage in front of a stunned audience during an open mic night at a local comedy club. The details of Briggs’ tortured past unfold including the nightmarish childhood that saw his older sister Madison (Amanda Aday) sent to prison for murdering their abusive parents. After years of isolation Briggs, now an adult finds redemptive love and acceptance from Sara (Melvin) and the res of his caring “family” at Miller’s Restaurant. Now confronted with the chance of a new life, Denny struggles to prevent his haunting past from destroying the new family he so deeply craves.
Production begins this month in and around Cleveland, North Olmsted, Fairview Park, Lakewood and Parma. The movie will also star Bonita Friedericy and John Billingsley
“”Madtown” is another example of how important the Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit is to bringing, not only large budget feature films, but equally important, smaller independent films to northeast Ohio to help to create jobs and to build the industry locally,” said Ivan Schwarz, President of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission.
Moore and his producing team are from northeast Ohio with 80% of their cast and crew Ohioans. The local business community support of this project has been so overwhelming that most of the meals for the film have been donated to the production.
Ventimiglia, who is repped by CAA and Management 360, has a handful of films set to bow this year, including “Grace of Monaco” opposite Nicole Kidman and “Wild Card.”
Melvin just wrapped production on “Dumb and Dumber To, “ opposite Jim Carey which bows in November, and the comedy “Zombeavers.” She is repped by CAA and Authentic Management.
See www.madtownmovie.com for a full list of community supporters
About the Greater Cleveland Film Commission: The Greater Cleveland Film Commission is a private, non-profit economic and workforce development organization committed to bringing film and other media production to Northeast Ohio to strengthen the workforce, support the media production industry and attract media production to the region. To learn more about the Greater Cleveland Film Commission and for the latest updates on film and media production in Northeast Ohio, visit www.clevelandfilm.com.
To learn more about the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, click here.
Casting Call for ‘Mulogo and His Quintuple of Trouble’
Birth of a Notion, Inc.
Cast in Cleveland | Low Budget Short Film | Starts: September 20, 2014
Director: Martin Reese
Producers: Martin Reese and Stephanie Shanks-Reese
Audition Dates: Saturday, May 31, 2014
Pay Rate: Deferred
Electronic Submissions/ Scheduled Auditions
Submissions: Headshot and Resume ASAP
Audition Dates: Saturday, May 31, 2014 12PM-5PM
Cleveland State University Howard A. Mims African American Cultural Center
Main Classroom Building, Room 137
(Corner of E. 22nd St. and Chester Ave.)
The setting is the chamber of an ancient castle where Master Wizard Alazar and his young apprentice Mulogo reside. Master Wizard Alazar instructs Mulogo to clean the castle chamber. But when Alazar leaves the castle Mulogo disobeys his teacher’s prior warnings by opening a book of magic and reciting a random spell. Unknowingly he conjures a five-headed talking dragon that now wants to kill him. Mulogo has to use his wits to not only survive, but to get rid of the dragon before Alazar returns.
- MULOGO: (10-12) Male. African-American. Smart, resourceful, overly curious and impatient with his learning which often gets him into trouble. Overall all he is a good child. Note: Actor’s head will have to be clean shaven. Acting will be done against a green screen. (Plays 1 day)
- MASTER WIZARD ALAZAR: (50(+)) Male. Open ethnicity. Alazar is very old. He is beyond ready to pass on his knowledge to someone who is much younger and capable. He is a stickler for following rules. He is very self-assured. He is kind. He wants Mulogo to succeed. Note: Acting will be done against a green screen. Willing to audition younger actors, but they will have to have range to portray someone much older. (Plays 1 day)
The following set of roles will be for one or more voice actors:
The Dragon: The dragon has five heads with distinct powers and personalities. The heads are individualistic and egotistical. The dragon itself is ancient. Over the centuries the dragon has been summoned many times by wizards and sorcerers. Sometimes the dragon was forced to grant wishes and sometimes the dragon was able to grant death to those who recited the spell incorrectly. The dragon is never happy to be disturbed.
- White Head (Ice): the white head has the ability to freeze things. White Head is always calm and controlled. White Head is knowledgeable and doesn’t mind showing off what he knows. He can be very talkative which sometimes annoys the other heads. Open gender. (Plays 1 day)
- Red Head (Fire): the red head has the ability to burn things. Red Head is very impatient and grumpy. Red Head is quick to anger and can be impulsive. He finds White Head the most annoying. He is not particularly fond of Orange Head either. He finds him to be redundant. Open gender. (Plays 1 day)
- Green Head (Venom): the green head has poisonous venom that is more lethal than any earthly poisons. Green Head is both resentful and sensitive because he is never chosen as the instrument of death when the opportunity arises. He speaks with long “essses”. Open gender. (Plays 1 day)
- Blue Head (Lightning): the blue head has the power of lightning. He is quick witted and has disdain for the Green Head. He will use any chance he has to show his disdain. He speaks very quickly virtually running his words together. Open gender. (Plays 1 day)
- Orange Head (Lava): the orange head can spew lava. He doesn’t particularly like Red Head and finds his impulsiveness and lack of patience irritating. He is slow-witted and speaks very slowly. Open gender. (Plays 1 day)
All actors will be provided with a copy of the film and IMDB credits.
Sides will be available at the audition site, but they can be requested prior to the audition via
CONTACT: E-mail at email@example.com
When e-mailing please list which role you wish to audition for in the subject heading.
The Schmooze III
HAVE YOU EMAILED YOUR RSVP? Space is limited
Who you know is just as important and what you know! Surround yourself with talent, production companies, vendors and film lovers at this premier networking event.
Saturday, May 10, 2014
6pm to 9pm
The Anatomy Night Club
1299 W. 9th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
We have lined up trailers and announcements from some of your favorite independent filmmakers:
MAD Vista – Apt. 408 – Conrad Studios – HWIC Filmworks – 110 Filmz – Skip Thomas Productions – Madwerkz Studios – Wildfire Media Studios/ARC Film Initiative – Fernando Lopez Productions – NBlak Productions and MORE!
Don’t miss it! RSVP by email at ClevelandCasting@gmail.com.
Nominate the Biggest Schmoozer!
He/she attends all the networking events, knows about all the casting calls, works on numerous sets, hob nobs with anyone who is anyone and just overall WORKS THIS INDUSTRY! Nominate the Biggest Schmoozer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The top 3 nominees will be presented and voted upon by the audience. The winner gets a special prize! (Must be present to win).
PLEASE NOTE: The Acting Workshop/Book Signing presented by Darrin Henson has unfortunately been cancelled. Mr. Henson sends his regrets and will let us know as soon as he is able to reschedule. Thank you for your interest and we will keep you up-to-date.
Our mailing address is:
26250 Euclid Avenue, Suite 211
Euclid, OH 44132
unsubscribe from this list
update subscription preferences
Traveling Docu-Series Looking for a Production Coordinator & Production Assistant
Seeking experienced Production Coordinator for traveling docu-series to work consistently for six months. Excellent interpersonal and time management skills a must. Attention to detail in keeping production reports, tracking receipts, scheduling, locations and maintaining safety on set at all times is paramount. Production office is based near Cleveland, Ohio.
Seeking highly-motivated and experienced Production Assistants for traveling docu-series to work consistently for six months. Average of 4-5 days per week. Must be able to drive production vehicles and complete basic production paperwork (e.g. releases, petty cash forms). Attention to detail a must. Production office will be based near Cleveland, Ohio.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
The directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Anthony and Joe Russo, will be raffling off tickets to tomorrow night’s film premiere.
Public Raffle for Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiere tickets
Market Garden Brewery
1947 W 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
Doors open at 6pm
Raffle is at 8pm
*You must be present to claim your tickets
Everyone is welcomed to attend
Please be advised the space is limited – first come first serve
*Please do not contact the Greater Cleveland Film Commission for additional information. All of the information has been provided.
Temporary Assistant Accountant Position Open in Columbus
There is an immediate need for an assistant accountant for the movie, “The Tank”. If you have an accounting background, especially if you are trained in EP accounting software, or have worked with film/TV accounting and are available immediately, please send a resume and your contact information to the e-mail address below right away. Must be good with paperwork, follow-up and take direction well.
The position is a temporary position that will last between 8 to 12 weeks. Work days will be approximately 12 hour days, M-F, and are subject to change depending on daily filming schedule. References needed. Must be able to work as a local in the Columbus, Ohio, area.
Submit resume and references to:
Casting Call for ‘The Tank’
Cast in Cleveland/Columbus | Low Budget SAG Feature Film | Starts: April 21-May 21
Director: Kellie Madison
Producers: Tove Christensen and Steven Schneider
Line Producer: Patrick Stapleton
Casting Company: OPA Casting
Casting Director: Angela Boehm
Audition Dates: Wednesday 3/26 and Thursday 3/27
Callback Dates: Monday 3/31 in Columbus
Pay Rate: low budget SAG Scale + 10%
Electronic Submissions/ Scheduled Auditions
Submissions Headshot and Resume ASAP
Audition Dates: Thursday 3/27 9-5
Audition Location: 6941 Columbia Rd. Olmsted Falls, Ohio 44138
On April 26,2012, six highly trained candidates step inside of the isolated Confined Environment (the Ice Sat 5) in the middle of Antarctica, designed to simulate the lengthy trip to Mars. The door, shuts, locks and won’t open again for 467 days. The goal of the mission is to see how the human psyche functions in an extreme environment for an extended period of time.
- Kaylin: (30-45) Will’s wife. She’s suffered the tragic loss of her daughter and it shows on her face. She is also highly educated and works at the Global Space Agency. STRONG ACTING REQUIRED. (Plays 5 days)
- Jessie (5-9) Female. Hopefully plays young. Sweet and innocent. STRONG ACTING REQUIRED. (Plays 3 days) Must see headshot so I can match her with our LA Talent.
- Chris (30-45) Male. Nerdy, high-tech computer type. Good comedic timing. Think Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park- type.
- Jerron (30’s) Male. High tech space geek. Any ethnicity.
- Michael (35-45) Male. Highly educated candidate for the space isolation mission. He has one too many skeletons in the closet.
- Yan (30-45) Male. Asian. Very serious, quirky looks welcome.
- Alejandro (30-45) Male. Fit, astronaut. Open Ethnicity. STRONG ACTING REQUIRED
- Facilitator (30-45) Open Ethnicity. Believable as a scientist.
- Julias daughter #1(5-6) Young and cute, should like Julia (Marguerite Moreau)
- Julia’s daughter #2 (7-9) Young and cute, should look like Julia (Marguerite Moreau)
- Driver (All Terrain)
CASTING ACTORS IN THE CLEVELAND, OH AND SURROUNDING AREA
From the creators of the urban drama “Swing Lowe, Sweet Chariote”, comes an exciting, new Web-series. That’s right! HWIC Filmworks is in search of the next big star!
Lana Frois and Shante Hayward-Wright are arch rivals that have absolutely nothing in common. Until they realize they are in love with the same man, Marcus Wright, who has made promises of a beautiful future to both of them. Upon receiving the news of Marcus’ untimely death, Lana and Shante are instructed to not only maintain his estate but also raise their children whom he fathered, as a family under the same roof. In the midst of their turmoil they uncover many secrets and lies from Marcus’ past that leads to scorned lovers, hidden family, corrupt alliances and the endangerment of anyone who has ever had ties with Marcus Wright.
TWO CHANCES TO AUDITION:
- Thursday, April 3, 2014, 6:00pm TO 9:00pm* or,
- Saturday, April 5, 2014, 1:00pm to 4:00pm*
HobbsStyle Casting Office
26250 Euclid Avenue, #211 (In the Euclid Medical/Office Plaza)
Euclid, OH 44132
Please forward headshot/resume to ClevelandCasting@gmail.com with preferred audition date and role, for confirmation and sides.
We are seeking actors for the following roles. Filming will take place in the spring and summer of 2014.
Most roles come with stipend and credit
Cast of Characters
- Marcus Wright Sr- 30′s,(African American) handsome, slim build, smooth-talking yet wise about life in general
- Shante Hayward-Wright- late 20′s early 30′s, (African American) sexy with a very nice and curvy figure, street smart with a lot of roughness in her personality but also well organized
- Lana Marie Frois – late 20′s early 30′s, (African American) beautiful, well proportioned figure, high maintenance woman’s woman with a dark side
- Marcus Wright Jr- late teens, (African American) clean look with an attempt to look rough, slim build, well dressed, confused with whether he wants to be street or sophisticated, preferably able to sing.
- Justice Jones – 30′s, (Open Ethnicity) very handsome but a conniving look, smooth talker non opposing demeanor, City Councilman and friend of deceased
- Amber Frois – 5-11,(African American) appearance may vary, cute daughter of Lana
- Lauren – late 20′s early 30′s, White female, beautiful, friend of Shante and Lana.
- Cheyenne Wright – 5-11, (African American) appearance may vary, cute daughter of Shante
- Winston Phelps Esq. – early 40′s, (Open Ethnicity) out of shape and short, Estate Attorney
- George – late 30′s, (African American) brown skinned muscular, clean cut and laid back, he is the man that Lana stated was Amber’s father in the beginning
- Deonte Ridge / Doc Dollaz / Doc- early 20′s, (African American) urban look, shady street demeanor, in shape kind, of short
- Janice – late teens, (Open Ethnicity) the girl-next-door. She is the girlfriend/friend of Marcus Wright Jr.
- Brandon Ridge- late teens early 20′s, (African American) preferably tall and dark skinned rugged look that gives a “nothing to lose” demeanor
- Mr. Haywood- 50′s, Shante’s father, must resemble Shante straight forward, very direct yet endearing
- Diamond – 30′s,(African American) must be VERY beautiful, sassy, charismatic yet intimidating. Later revealed to be the mother of Max Jr. and a famous R&B singer
*Use your FASTPASS for priority audition times.