Cuyahoga Community College’s Motion Picture Training Program Offers Two New Workshops this Fall
Cuyahoga Community College’s Motion Picture Training Program trains individuals to secure positions in the motion picture industry which includes television, theatrical, commercial and multimedia production, while retaining and growing the Northeast Ohio workforce.
Tri-C’s Motion Picture Training Program offers workshops on specific crew departments and positions. Each workshop focuses on the skills, techniques and procedures of one particular department. Starting in August the Motion Picture Training Program is offering two new workshops:
- The first workshop starts August 9th -Basic Lighting Workshop
- The second workshop begins August 16th – Feature Film Scheduling & Budgeting Workshops
For more information and to REGISTER for either or both workshops please visit Tri-C’s website:
Parkside Pictures is Looking for a Casting Director and an Animal Wrangler
Parkside Pictures will be shooting a “family film” this summer in NE Ohio and are looking to fill the following positions:
- Casting Director: Fully Paid, rate negotiable. The Casting Director will be casting all roles.
- Animal Wrangler: Fully Paid, rate negotiable. We will need 6 dogs. All dogs will need to preform basic and some advanced tricks(ball play, jumping, rolling, stay, sit, etc) 2-3 dogs will need specific training for the large end of film stunt.
All interested and qualified applicants please send resumes and inquiries to:
Producers: Danny Roth, Damiano Tucci
Prod Co: ParkSide Pictures
About the film:
The film is about a rag-tag gang of international dog mascots that must save the day and foil the plot of villains planning to sabotage Youth World Cup Soccer finals
Art Department Interns Needed for Feature Film “The Bronze”
Art Department interns needed for a feature film, THE BRONZE, starring Melissa Rauch (BIG BANG THEORY). Filming is in Amherst and Cleveland until July 31, and school credit is available.
Interested candidates please send availability and resume to: email@example.com
Join The Greater Cleveland Film Commission for our next Media Mixer Wednesday June 25th at Nighttown!!
Join the Greater Cleveland Film Commission & your fellow production colleagues at Nighttown for our next Media Mixer of 2014 – 6pm to 9pm.
Are you a production professional currently working in NE Ohio? Are you a small business owner that is interested in becoming a film vendor? Are you looking to break into the production industry in NE Ohio in any way possible or are you interested in learning more about the production opportunities NE Ohio? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, please join us. Our Media Mixer is a great way to network.
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission will provide light appetizers and there will be a cash bar.
We hope to see you there!
12387 Cedar Road
June 25, 2014
6pm – 9pm
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission is Hiring a Vice President of Operations
Promote the increase of media production in Northeast Ohio using effective strategies for attraction and workforce development including building an artistic infrastructure through film.
Achieve increased economic development in Northeast Ohio by using the artistic and culturally enriching activities of film and other media production to strengthen the workforce, support the media production industry and attract media production to the region.
Job Description – Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Operations is second in command at the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, reporting to the President. The Vice President of Operations must be a self-starter with supervisory experience and an ability to work collaboratively as a member of the small team. The Vice President of Operations must be able to manage the responsibilities below as well as other duties as assigned. The President’s role is to ensure that the mission and the vision of the organization is being fulfilled. The role of the Vice President of Operations is to support the work of the President by focusing on the management of the day-to -day operations of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and develop and implement policies.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as experience working with boards and other centers of influence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to anticipate, prevent and solve problems quickly.
Operations and Strategic Plan Management
- Oversee organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Oversee organization’s fiscal management, including billing, budgeting, purchasing, working with the auditors and staffing the Board’s Finance Committee.
- Develop policies and procedures for organization.
- Manage the strategic plan goals and dashboard.
- Work with both staff and Board to reach objectives.
- Provide oversight for special projects or programs, and other duties as assigned.
- Oversee scheduling, deadlines, reporting status of grants, city and county funding as well
- Assist with Behind the Camera, film premieres, wrap parties and our Oscar event.
- Work with grant-writing consultants to seek funding for the organization and assist with grant reporting as needed. Manage status of grants and city and county funding.
Human Resources and Staff Management
- Manage human resources policies and compliance.
- Manage staff and work objectives and deadlines.
- Formalize and manage the intern and volunteer program.
- Provide friendly and responsive customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide timely communication to the Board and other centers of influence.
- Represent organization at Board committees and other meetings.
- Oversee blast emails, newsletters, web site and social media. Edit all communications prior to distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years minimum experience in the field, including previous nonprofit or corporate management level experience
E-mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements with “Vice President of Operations” in the subject line to:
Greater Cleveland Film Commission
No phone calls. Application deadline: June 20, 2014
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission Announces Indie Drama “Madtown” to Begin Filming in NE Ohio this Month
Milo Ventimiglia and Rachel Melvin are Set to Star in the Indie Drama “Madtown”
The film is written and directed by Charles Moore and produced by Stephen R. Campanella, Liz DuChez, David Spodak and J. Scott Scheel.
The tension filled drama opens with Denny Briggs (Ventimiglia) confessing to a murder on stage in front of a stunned audience during an open mic night at a local comedy club. The details of Briggs’ tortured past unfold including the nightmarish childhood that saw his older sister Madison (Amanda Aday) sent to prison for murdering their abusive parents. After years of isolation Briggs, now an adult finds redemptive love and acceptance from Sara (Melvin) and the res of his caring “family” at Miller’s Restaurant. Now confronted with the chance of a new life, Denny struggles to prevent his haunting past from destroying the new family he so deeply craves.
Production begins this month in and around Cleveland, North Olmsted, Fairview Park, Lakewood and Parma. The movie will also star Bonita Friedericy and John Billingsley
“”Madtown” is another example of how important the Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit is to bringing, not only large budget feature films, but equally important, smaller independent films to northeast Ohio to help to create jobs and to build the industry locally,” said Ivan Schwarz, President of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission.
Moore and his producing team are from northeast Ohio with 80% of their cast and crew Ohioans. The local business community support of this project has been so overwhelming that most of the meals for the film have been donated to the production.
Ventimiglia, who is repped by CAA and Management 360, has a handful of films set to bow this year, including “Grace of Monaco” opposite Nicole Kidman and “Wild Card.”
Melvin just wrapped production on “Dumb and Dumber To, “ opposite Jim Carey which bows in November, and the comedy “Zombeavers.” She is repped by CAA and Authentic Management.
See www.madtownmovie.com for a full list of community supporters
About the Greater Cleveland Film Commission: The Greater Cleveland Film Commission is a private, non-profit economic and workforce development organization committed to bringing film and other media production to Northeast Ohio to strengthen the workforce, support the media production industry and attract media production to the region. To learn more about the Greater Cleveland Film Commission and for the latest updates on film and media production in Northeast Ohio, visit www.clevelandfilm.com.
To learn more about the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, click here.
Traveling Docu-Series Looking for a Production Coordinator & Production Assistant
Seeking experienced Production Coordinator for traveling docu-series to work consistently for six months. Excellent interpersonal and time management skills a must. Attention to detail in keeping production reports, tracking receipts, scheduling, locations and maintaining safety on set at all times is paramount. Production office is based near Cleveland, Ohio.
Seeking highly-motivated and experienced Production Assistants for traveling docu-series to work consistently for six months. Average of 4-5 days per week. Must be able to drive production vehicles and complete basic production paperwork (e.g. releases, petty cash forms). Attention to detail a must. Production office will be based near Cleveland, Ohio.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Anthony and Joe Russo, will be raffling off tickets to tomorrow night’s film premiere.
Public Raffle for Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiere tickets
Market Garden Brewery
1947 W 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
Doors open at 6pm
Raffle is at 8pm
*You must be present to claim your tickets
Everyone is welcomed to attend
Please be advised the space is limited – first come first serve
*Please do not contact the Greater Cleveland Film Commission for additional information. All of the information has been provided.
Temporary Assistant Accountant Position Open in Columbus
There is an immediate need for an assistant accountant for the movie, “The Tank”. If you have an accounting background, especially if you are trained in EP accounting software, or have worked with film/TV accounting and are available immediately, please send a resume and your contact information to the e-mail address below right away. Must be good with paperwork, follow-up and take direction well.
The position is a temporary position that will last between 8 to 12 weeks. Work days will be approximately 12 hour days, M-F, and are subject to change depending on daily filming schedule. References needed. Must be able to work as a local in the Columbus, Ohio, area.
Submit resume and references to:
Casting Call for ‘The Tank’
Cast in Cleveland/Columbus | Low Budget SAG Feature Film | Starts: April 21-May 21
Director: Kellie Madison
Producers: Tove Christensen and Steven Schneider
Line Producer: Patrick Stapleton
Casting Company: OPA Casting
Casting Director: Angela Boehm
Audition Dates: Wednesday 3/26 and Thursday 3/27
Callback Dates: Monday 3/31 in Columbus
Pay Rate: low budget SAG Scale + 10%
Electronic Submissions/ Scheduled Auditions
Submissions Headshot and Resume ASAP
Audition Dates: Thursday 3/27 9-5
Audition Location: 6941 Columbia Rd. Olmsted Falls, Ohio 44138
On April 26,2012, six highly trained candidates step inside of the isolated Confined Environment (the Ice Sat 5) in the middle of Antarctica, designed to simulate the lengthy trip to Mars. The door, shuts, locks and won’t open again for 467 days. The goal of the mission is to see how the human psyche functions in an extreme environment for an extended period of time.
- Kaylin: (30-45) Will’s wife. She’s suffered the tragic loss of her daughter and it shows on her face. She is also highly educated and works at the Global Space Agency. STRONG ACTING REQUIRED. (Plays 5 days)
- Jessie (5-9) Female. Hopefully plays young. Sweet and innocent. STRONG ACTING REQUIRED. (Plays 3 days) Must see headshot so I can match her with our LA Talent.
- Chris (30-45) Male. Nerdy, high-tech computer type. Good comedic timing. Think Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park- type.
- Jerron (30’s) Male. High tech space geek. Any ethnicity.
- Michael (35-45) Male. Highly educated candidate for the space isolation mission. He has one too many skeletons in the closet.
- Yan (30-45) Male. Asian. Very serious, quirky looks welcome.
- Alejandro (30-45) Male. Fit, astronaut. Open Ethnicity. STRONG ACTING REQUIRED
- Facilitator (30-45) Open Ethnicity. Believable as a scientist.
- Julias daughter #1(5-6) Young and cute, should like Julia (Marguerite Moreau)
- Julia’s daughter #2 (7-9) Young and cute, should look like Julia (Marguerite Moreau)
- Driver (All Terrain)
CASTING ACTORS IN THE CLEVELAND, OH AND SURROUNDING AREA
From the creators of the urban drama “Swing Lowe, Sweet Chariote”, comes an exciting, new Web-series. That’s right! HWIC Filmworks is in search of the next big star!
Lana Frois and Shante Hayward-Wright are arch rivals that have absolutely nothing in common. Until they realize they are in love with the same man, Marcus Wright, who has made promises of a beautiful future to both of them. Upon receiving the news of Marcus’ untimely death, Lana and Shante are instructed to not only maintain his estate but also raise their children whom he fathered, as a family under the same roof. In the midst of their turmoil they uncover many secrets and lies from Marcus’ past that leads to scorned lovers, hidden family, corrupt alliances and the endangerment of anyone who has ever had ties with Marcus Wright.
TWO CHANCES TO AUDITION:
- Thursday, April 3, 2014, 6:00pm TO 9:00pm* or,
- Saturday, April 5, 2014, 1:00pm to 4:00pm*
HobbsStyle Casting Office
26250 Euclid Avenue, #211 (In the Euclid Medical/Office Plaza)
Euclid, OH 44132
Please forward headshot/resume to ClevelandCasting@gmail.com with preferred audition date and role, for confirmation and sides.
We are seeking actors for the following roles. Filming will take place in the spring and summer of 2014.
Most roles come with stipend and credit
Cast of Characters
- Marcus Wright Sr- 30′s,(African American) handsome, slim build, smooth-talking yet wise about life in general
- Shante Hayward-Wright- late 20′s early 30′s, (African American) sexy with a very nice and curvy figure, street smart with a lot of roughness in her personality but also well organized
- Lana Marie Frois – late 20′s early 30′s, (African American) beautiful, well proportioned figure, high maintenance woman’s woman with a dark side
- Marcus Wright Jr- late teens, (African American) clean look with an attempt to look rough, slim build, well dressed, confused with whether he wants to be street or sophisticated, preferably able to sing.
- Justice Jones – 30′s, (Open Ethnicity) very handsome but a conniving look, smooth talker non opposing demeanor, City Councilman and friend of deceased
- Amber Frois – 5-11,(African American) appearance may vary, cute daughter of Lana
- Lauren – late 20′s early 30′s, White female, beautiful, friend of Shante and Lana.
- Cheyenne Wright – 5-11, (African American) appearance may vary, cute daughter of Shante
- Winston Phelps Esq. – early 40′s, (Open Ethnicity) out of shape and short, Estate Attorney
- George – late 30′s, (African American) brown skinned muscular, clean cut and laid back, he is the man that Lana stated was Amber’s father in the beginning
- Deonte Ridge / Doc Dollaz / Doc- early 20′s, (African American) urban look, shady street demeanor, in shape kind, of short
- Janice – late teens, (Open Ethnicity) the girl-next-door. She is the girlfriend/friend of Marcus Wright Jr.
- Brandon Ridge- late teens early 20′s, (African American) preferably tall and dark skinned rugged look that gives a “nothing to lose” demeanor
- Mr. Haywood- 50′s, Shante’s father, must resemble Shante straight forward, very direct yet endearing
- Diamond – 30′s,(African American) must be VERY beautiful, sassy, charismatic yet intimidating. Later revealed to be the mother of Max Jr. and a famous R&B singer
*Use your FASTPASS for priority audition times.
CASTING CALL: EXTRAS WANTED
DATE: March 14TH, 2014
WHERE: Capitol Theatre, 1390 West 65th St. Cleveland, OH 44102
WHAT: Most extras will be watching a movie at the theatre, and some will also be in line at the concession stand. We will be showing short films and other works by those involved in “A Midwest Winter.”
WHO: Anyone 18+. Please have valid ID.
ATTIRE: Casual. No logos.
PAYMENT: Extra roles are non-SAG, unpaid, no experience necessary. All extras will be get credit as movie theatre patrons.
CONTACT INFO: MidwestWinterExtras@gmail.com
FILM SYNOPSIS: A Midwest Winter is a short film that tells the story of Ismael, a lonely man from a small country, now living in a big city where he meets the beautiful Sophia, a well-traveled and somewhat troubled local who blogs about stories from around the world. Filming will take place in the Historic Districts of Tremont, Ohio City, Gordon Square and University Heights.
Erie SeaWolves Production & Entertainment Internship Opportunity
The Erie SeaWolves, the AA affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, are seeking Production & Entertainment Associates for the 2013 season. Production & Entertainment Associates are paid interns focused on game day entertainment, marketing, community affairs and communications. This opportunity requires a great amount of dedication throughout the baseball season as associates may work 30-100 hours per week depending on the team’s game schedule.
Production & Entertainment Associates will learn best practices and procedures and assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Working with the Director of Entertainment to deliver the game day entertainment experience
- Operating production-quality equipment including Click Effects, Tricaster, and cameras
- Completing daily entertainment tasks on the game operations checklist
- Graphic design including promotional flyers, video board content and marketing materials
- Editing game highlights and posting them online
- Social media and/or website content updates as delegated
- Other support responsibilities as determined
All college majors are welcome, but previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign) is required. Some associates use the experience for college credit while others participate for the experience alone. We prefer that associates have completed their junior year of college, although many participate after graduation.
Production & Entertainment Associates start on March 24, 2014. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in taking their first step towards a career in sports, marketing or the entertainment industry.
March 24, 2014-August 29, 2014
Game Days: Report time until an hour after the game;
Non-Game Days: 9:00am until 5:00p (Monday – Friday)
*Some exceptions may apply; schedule subject to change
- Do you have housing in the Erie area?
- When are you available to start?
- Do you have previous experience working with Adobe Creative Suite? Please provide details.
- Do you have previous experience editing video using a Mac or PC? Please provide details.
- Do you have previous camera operator experience? Please provide details.
CONTACT: Kristi Servais via email - email@example.com
OPEN AUDITIONS: Actors needed for short film, “The Apocalypse Couple”
NBlak Productions, LLC presents “The Apocalypse Couple”, a new short film from Writer/Director Miki Blak.
A devastating war has claimed all of planet earth and civilization as we have understood it, no longer exists. Troi and Nandi are two of few survivors who struggle day to day to meet their basic need for shelter, water and food. Nandi is a dreamer and Troi a realist. Their opposing views have the pair constantly at odds with the world and each other. The couple soon comes to terms with the true meaning of their relationship; will it survive the Apocalypse?
Actors needed in the Akron/Cleveland area for the short film, The Apocalypse Couple to be shot in the Akron area this spring.
The open call will be held in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio Saturday, March 22nd from 11:00am to 3:00pm at the following location:
The Cuyahoga Falls Library
2015 3rd St,
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
- NANDI: We need an African-American actress with a slim build and a playing range between 20- 25 years.
- TROI: We’re looking for a male actor, any race, slim build, with a playing range in his mid to late 20’s.
We are offering a copy of the film, IMDB credits and craft services will be provided on the shoot. We plan to enter the finished film into film festivals and the African American Shorts TV program that is broadcast on the ABC network.
For more information on the characters and to download the audition sides visit: http://apocalypsecouple.nblakproductions.com/
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
AUDITIONS for THE LAND: F. A. U.
SEEKING ADULT ACTORS OF ALL AGES AND ETHNICITIES for THE LAND: F. A. U.: a sexy and edgy new cop drama about an all-black police unit in Cleveland, OH assembled to seize high profile fugitives within the city. On the verge of disbanding, three undercover police officers struggle to unite while using their individual subjectivity in a calloused society to fight crime against drugs, sex trafficking, rape, homicide, and more.
2 CHANCES TO AUDITION:
AUDITION GENERAL INFORMATION:
DATE: Thursday March 6, 2014
DATE: Saturday March 8, 2014
Lachae Beauty Institute
691 Richmond Rd.
Richmond, Hts, OH 44143
PLEASE EMAIL CURRENT HEADSHOT AND RESUME TO: Landfau@gmail.com to secure 10 minute audition slots.
Characters include, but not subjected to:
- Jose Nevado: 27-32 years of age. Hispanic former gang leader. Male antagonist to main unit.
- Elle Clay: 23-31 years of age. Widow of reputable officer.
- African Man: 40-50 years of age. African father.
- Sarah Farmer: 19-21 years of age. Female prostitute.
- Athletic Adult Men and Women – Police Type All ages.
And many more!
“If You Knew Better, You’d Do Better”
The story of a successful young man enjoying the fabulous life and all the perks that comes with it. Doing what he wants, when he wants until he’s forced to make a life altering decision, only to find out that those closest to him have secrets of their own.
From OMA award winning playwright and author of “REALationship Breakdown Philly Style”, Philipé Winston Weeden brings you the movie based on the hit stage play, “If You Knew Better, You’d Do Better”.
We are seeking to add phenomenal actors to the cast of this independent, non-union feature project. Filming will take place this summer in Cleveland and surrounding areas.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
6:00pm to 9:00pm
HobbsStyle Casting Office
26250 Euclid Avenue, #211 (In the Euclid Medical/Office Plaza)
Euclid, OH 44132
Please forward headshot and resume to ClevelandCasting@gmail.com to receive confirmation and sides. Place “Philly Style” in the subject line.
Heather (Leading Role), African American female, age; late 20’s/early 30’s, Athletic Build. Heather is a beautiful God fearing girlfriend turned fiancé. She has a vision of making a house a home because of her upbringing. She quickly learns that not only is her fiancé hesitant to tie the knot, he is struggling with being in a committed relationship altogether. Meanwhile, she is dealing with her own issues of being pregnant and a past that threatens to catch up with her fast. Paid Role.
Chinna (Supporting Role), Exotic female, open ethnicity, age: late 20’s. Pretty and slender. Chinna moves into a great new community in an effort to gain a new lease on life. She is intrigued by her handsome neighbor and although she knows he is in a committed relationship she finds him hard to resist. Deferred payment.
Josie & Karen (Supporting/Featured), Open ethnicity, age: late 20’s/early 30’s. Credit only.
Join the Greater Cleveland Film Commission as We Kick off a New Kind of Academy Award Event
And the Award Goes To… is an Oscar watch party unlike GCFC events of the past. We’re shifting the focus from the glitz and glamour of awards season and shining the spotlight on those who make the films possible – you, the industry, and our supporters. And the Award Goes To… will also serve as the first GCFC media mixer of 2014. The Greater Cleveland Film Commission works tirelessly to bring productions to Cleveland to create the jobs and gain the experience to help build our reputation as a top choice for productions. This is your chance to give back so we can carry on our mission. Help us, help you!
We will be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win 2 tickets to the exclusive, invite-only premier of Captain America: The Winter Soldier right here in Cleveland on April 1st, 2014.
**Raffle tickets will only be sold at the event Sunday, March 2nd for $40.00, or 2 for $75.00. The winning ticket will be drawn later in the evening and the lucky winner must be present to claim their prize. Don’t miss this one and only chance!
Click Here to Purchase Tickets to And the Award Goes To…
Casting Call for: Vintage Automobiles Needed for 1950s Film in Cincinnati, Ohio starring Cate Blanchett
CINCINNATI (February 6, 2014) – The Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky Film Commission is asking for extras, and automobiles, to appear in “Carol,” starring Cate Blanchett, the latest movie to be filmed in Greater Cincinnati.
Needed period vehicles, including cars, trucks, vans, ambulances, buses and motorcycles, postal cars – any and all: made before 1953 that might be seen on the streets of New York City during that time. The vehicles don’t have to run and don’t have to be in mint condition but need to appear real. Red and white colors are not preferred but not impossible.
Those who would be interested in lending their vehicle should email email@example.com with a photo of the vehicle and the owner’s contact information. You will be paid for the rental of the vehicle and could also appear in the film if you would like to drive the vehicle for the scene.
“Carol,” starring Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara and Kyle Chandler, will be directed by Todd Haynes and shot entirely in Cincinnati beginning this spring.
Extras must be available Monday through Friday, with filming days sometimes lasting 12 hours. Minors will need a parent or legal guardian who is also interested in being an extra who can stay with the child during the entire work time.
Those interested in being an extra should send an email with contact information, clothing sizes and a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from casting should be in touch within two weeks.
The Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to attracting, promoting and cultivating film, television and commercial production throughout Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Since its beginning in 1987, the Film Commission has brought over 47 films to Greater Cincinnati, plus thousands of commercials, music videos, documentaries and industrials. Find out more at www.filmcincinnati.com
Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky Film Commission