StoneKap is looking for a self-motivated, self-governing, personable, highly organized, and adaptable Video Editor. This position will be responsible for editing multiple videos across a broad range of markets and clients. There will be continuous communication primarily with other StoneKap team members and secondarily with StoneKap clients.
The ideal candidate will have a broad post-production portfolio that represents experience within multiple markets and clients, and can work across styles and target demographics. A balance of technical skill and storytelling ability is important.
WHO YOU ARE…
A person who puts others first. Specifically, a person who will put our clients first. The client’s goals, comfort, and experience with StoneKap is your number one priority. You’re self-motivated and play well with others.
WHO WE ARE…
StoneKap Productions, LLC is a video production company. We like to love what we do! We’re in the business of telling stories that make a difference and solving problems for our clients with creativity, innovation, and polish. But, most of all, we make videos. Our people are cool (well, cool nerds, at least), and they’re the type of dudes that you want to hang out with from 9-5 on your weekdays. If StoneKap sounds like a fun place to work, it’s because it is. We have high expectations and work our butts off when it’s close to deadline time, but we laugh hard and often when we’ve got the time.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Contribute to post-production planning and concepting
- Offer innovative and creative ideas that add value to our content
- Manage/organize content to be used within finished videos
- Edit short form, advertising, and documentary style videos
- Edit/create content in a professional and timely manner
- Encode, export, and manage final compositions, digital assets and project archives.
- Research, select, edit/mix music and sound effects from various web and local collections
- Maintain and support post-production equipment, troubleshooting any technical issues with equipment, software. Also optimizing projects for best possible workflows.
- Mentor junior editors/interns
- Assist in the evaluation of new technologies
- Make proactive recommendations for process, hardware, & software improvement
Candidates for this job must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Production, Art or Film Production preferred
- At least 2 to 4 years related work experience
- Must have strong video editing, sound design and video encoding skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with FCP7, Premiere (CS5 or CS6), After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of video technology (formats, codecs, frame rates, standards, aspect ratios, over/underscan, guides, scopes, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of video I/O hardware (inputs/outputs) for ingesting and referencing all formats of video
- Extensive knowledge of technology involved in video editing process – including hardware and software
- Ability to manage diverse media including: R3D, dpx, prores, and other digital/raw formats
- Prior experience working with digital film making equipment (specifically Red Camera System and Canon 5D MKII)
- Ability to manage time and meet tight deadlines when necessary
- Knowledge of color correction is a plus
- Sound design skills are a plus.
- Must submit an online portfolio or demo reel of work for consideration.
- Self-motivated and self-governing
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
StoneKap is a living media company for revolutionaries and those who want to be. Our passion lays in ideas that positively impact business, culture and the world. We’re dreamers, visionaries, and eccentric boat rockers, who believe that character-driven creativity coupled with insightful strategies can inspire emotions that bring us together to achieve greatness. Our beliefs manifest themselves in the production of the world’s most extraordinary television commercials, corporate videos and interactive experiences. So, no matter what you do, what you make or who you are now, if this sounds like something you can believe in, then maybe we should start a revolution together.
The International Women’s Air & Space Museum at Burke Lakefront Airport will be hosting an event on September 28th from 7pm-10pm.
Author Jean-Vi Lenthe will be here to discuss her book, Flying into Yesterday. It is the story of the women engineers who worked for Curtiss-Wright during WWII designing torpedo bombers. At one point in recent history Curtiss-Wright denied that any of these women worked for the company. There are 4 Cadettes alive in the area, and they will be here as well for a panel discussion.
We are looking for someone to film the event. We have no budget, so we are looking for someone with equipment willing to donate their time. Dinner will be provided.
If interested, please contact Heather at (216) 623-1111 or email@example.com.
CASTING CALL for the short film, Honor Society, by T.Ann Laufner
Casting: 2 Young Women
Description: Minority Actresses Only, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Bi-Racial (see below for character description)
Ages: 16 years old and older, no one younger than 16.
When: Saturday, September 15
Time: 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Location: First Baptist Church of Greater Cleveland, 3630 Fairmount Blvd. Cleveland, OH (map)
Please email T. Ann Laufner (Writer/Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a low budget short film. Shooting is planned for weekends in September and October. Compensation is amazing meals, a copy of the film, and a chance to work with an amazing talented and experienced production team.
The Indie Gathering International Film Festival is a yearly gathering of
filmmakers from around the world, all staying in one hotel and going to
the events within. The Indie Gathering is held just outside of Cleveland,
at the Clarion Inn and Conference Center in Hudson, OH. This year’s
festival is August 17th, 18th and 19th. The Indie Gathering is more than
just a film festival – it’s a place where filmmakers can gather together
with the audience for one great weekend! Movie Maker Magazine previously
picked The Indie Gathering International Film Festival as one of the Top
25 Film Fests, choosing it as the best festival for networking.
This year’s festival is screening a record 127 films from around the world
- including feature films, short films, micro films, documentaries, music
videos, web shows, tv pilots, and trailers. There are over 20 hours of
film-related lectures, panel discussions and workshops on all aspects of
filmmaking – from acting, to producing a film, pre-to-post production, and
The Indie Gathering is open to the public, offering anyone a fantastic
opportunity to see films and meet the filmmakers, as well as gain a closer
look at the process of creating films. There is also a convention room,
networking parties, competitions and more.
Advanced weekend passes are available at our website,
www.theindiegathering.com, for just $35 until August 1st. After August 1st
and at the door, passes are $45. This includes all events. Day passes and
single tickets are also available at the door.
For those interested in the acting (monologue) or stunt (fight scene)
competitions, this is your chance to be seen by film producers and
directors from around the world. Performances are 2 minutes maximum.
Competing in either competition is just $45 in advance (until August 1st)
or $55 at the door and include a weekend pass to all events. Find out more
Seeking extras for independent feature film Toy’s House to be shot entirely on location in the Greater Cleveland area this summer. The film is a heartfelt comedy about three unhappy teenagers who flee to the wilderness where they build a makeshift house and live off the land as masters of their own destiny. Ohio native Tyler Davidson (Take Shelter) will produce along with Ohio-based Low Spark Films and Big Beach Films (Little Miss Sunshine).
Looking for males and females of all ages and ethnicities; particularly those that can convincingly portray high school students. Also needed are various townspeople types, and people willing to drive their own car in the film.
If you are interested in being considered for this non-paid opportunity, please email two recent photos of yourself (one close-up/headshot and one full body/head-to-toe), to email@example.com. Please include your email, phone number, height, age (if under 18), and your availability between the dates July 6 – August 3.
“Toy’s House,” which will be shooting in June and July in the Greater Cleveland area, is now accepting resumes for crew positions. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The film is scheduled to begin shooting in late June. Ohio native Tyler Davidson is producing “Toy’s House”, along with Ohio-based Low Spark Films and Big Beach Films (“Little Miss Sunshine”). The film is a heartfelt comedy about three unhappy teenagers who flee to the wilderness where they build a makeshift house and live off the land as masters of their own destiny. Davidson also produced, “Take Shelter”, a critically acclaimed film shot in Lorain County.
This project is filming in Cleveland due to The Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit.